Thoughts, Ideas and Dreams of a Life to be and a Life to become.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 5: "End"


Today, I woke up at 5:40 am and it was snowing outside...
Just when I started wearing shorts and my birkenstocks again, Colorado weather decides that it needs to snow about 3 inches on the ground. Don't get me wrong, I love snow and christmas and watching old movies around good family in a warm house... but spring is just being a tease right now and I don't know if I'm loving it or hating because of it. Lol.
Work was good, the boys that I work with had school off today because of the snow. So they all slept in and spent several hours trying to figure out what to do with themselves with an extra free day! Thankfully, us staff members have plenty of things for them to do: clean your rooms, eat breakfast, write in your journals, stop banging each other over the head with pillows. Good grown up things like that :)

Anyways, today's chapter is, "End."
Description: Tell me about how a relationship ended. Go. Ten minutes.

"End"

How a relationship ended?! That is one of those things that I would choose not to remember...
But here we go. I was a young boy, about 16 I believe, I had been driving for about 8-10 months now. Enough time to were I could borrow the car and the parents wouldn't stay up worrying anymore. My Mother and my Father had taken an old chinese restaurant (we found dead cats hanging in the fridge) and converted it into a christian music venue/ pizza buffet.
There was this girl that I knew that had liked me for a long time, all through children's church and into youth group, and I liked her a little too.
One day, we were all hanging out at my parents venue and I decided that I didn't want to be single anymore, that I wanted to be in a relationship with a girl. So, I asked my Dad who was there if I could ask (let's call her name Jane) Jane to be my girlfriend. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "yes."
I went over to the booth that she was sitting at and asked her out... she said yes!
The first couple of days everything was awesome; we got to call each other boyfriend and girlfriend, hold hands whenever we hung out, long talks face to face and over the telephone, which was a stretch for me because I never did like talking on phones :/
I started praying a lot too, thinking that now that I'm in a relationship, that I needed to hear from God about where and how you go on from here (this was my first, 'official' relationship).
Well, I heard from God alright, and it wasn't something that I was pleased to hear.
He told me that I was in this for the wrong reasons, that I didn't return her feelings the way that she felt about me... and He told me that I needed to break it off.
I swallowed it all very hard, being 16 and being told by God that you are basically, 'using' a girl so that you can have a sense of being in a relationship doesn't make you feel much taller than an ant lying down.
So, a few days later, we were hanging out and I sat down next to her and told her that I had to break up with her...

Times up!
I think that some of these stories I may have to bend the time limits so that they can be told in fullness. Let me know what you guys think about that. Blessing and I'll see ya all tomorrow!

-Eric Alan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your posts, man.

Don't bend the rules.