Thoughts, Ideas and Dreams of a Life to be and a Life to become.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Review for You, and other musings




Today, I spent most of the day reading blogs from all of my fellow blogrimagers (versus blogrims, I feel we need a council of oginia to help with this decision). I naively thought it would simply take me a couple of hours to browse through our fellow blogrims (you make your choice at this point) writings, but what I found was that about three hours in, I had only read through Day 1 & 2 of the blogs.

I must admit that I have been bad at reading fellow blogs, as you can now deduct, but I felt a desire to leave a little comment here there where I could to give encouragement and some feedback at what I read, simply because I know that I love hearing what others have to say about what I've written about and hopefully evoking memories of their own that they can share.

With all that said, I love the range of blogs that we have! Many of us have shaped our journeys around our creative pursuits; music, writing, photography, creating a clothing line.
Some of us have pursued bettering ourselves; riding bikes, running,stand-up comedy, changing our diets and even choosing all of our life to fight procrastination and to be a better father/husband/man!
And others have chosen to reach out from themselves and pursue their relationships over Skype or face to face, seeing someone getting saved, the nations and even the Word (Bible).

All this I feel I can some up in one sentence for myself, "I feel that I could spend a year doing blogrimages and work on everything that my friends are pursuing in theirs!"

Being amongst family, I really didn't get a chance to sit down and write out the next set of challenges in the book that I'm using as a catalyst for my writing. But I want to take a moment and spotlight my friends who are all running through their journeys and choosing to share it with all of us; Well Done!

In many ways, I feel that this blogrimage is opening up, not just what we have always wanted to do, but helping us to open our lives to those around us and experience/share what we are doing together.
It's about a conversation between friends that we have had for years and friends that we have just met, but in all, going back to a time when conversation was the entertainment for they day, just throwing it in a new light in a new way (that kind of rhymed).

So I salute you my fellow blogrimagers! I'm excited to see where we all take this journey, and where this journey takes us. Have a good night!

-Eric Alan

PS. This drawing is a little hard to understand because of the orionation and shadow of my hand taking the picture. But it is the stage setup that we do at church every sunday. Enjoy!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salutations back at ya! (my vote? blogrims. it's easier to say, and just makes sense to me.)

Joe said...

Blogrims seems appropriate to me. Eric, I miss you. Come home. :) I enjoyed your comment on my blog, even though for some reason it didn't post to my facebook or blogspot, but was emailed to me. Strange. You're awesome man, great perspective on the blogrimages!

brittyriffle said...

Eric, I agree...it is so nice to learn more about the people we know, and some we don't through this blogrimage.

Unknown said...

Are you going to do a year long BLOGRIMAGE?